Taikurrendi Children and Family Centre
New Children’s Centre providing facilities for preschool, health and community with an outdoor learning environment set in an attractive and culturally aware environment.
The facility embraces the needs and beliefs of the Indigenous community and provides an holistic approach ensuring young Indigenous people have the opportunity to engage and connect.
JPE Design Studio Pty Ltd
8 Price Street Christies Beach South Australia 5165
Department for Education and Child Development , SA
$ 4,007,146 (ex GST)
The Aboriginal Children and Family Centre provides programs and services for Aboriginal children from the pre-natal phase to five years of age and their families to ensure that children are provided with the best possible start in life.
The facility supports the provision of services for the community (including non-Aboriginal children and families) with services including child and maternal health care, quality child care and early learning programs for young children, parent and support services, quality early childhood education for young children prior to starting school.
The design of the facility and the outdoor learning environment has embraced the Indigenous spirit creating a sense of place and identity that reflects local Indigenous community and culture.
This page last updated: Tuesday 8 April 2014
2014 Category 1 New Construction Entire New School
- Branksome Hall Asia at Jeju Global Education City
- Doveton College
- Errington Special Education Centre
- Hammond Park Catholic Primary School – Stage 1
- Horsham Special School New Campus
- Lalor Gardens Primary School
- Mill Hill Early Education Centre
- Mother Teresa Catholic School Master Plan and Stage 1
- Our Lady of La Vang School
- Port Sorell Primary School Construction
- Riverland Special School
- Sustainable Industries Education Centre - TAFE SA
- Taikurrendi Children and Family Centre