St. Francis Xavier College
The new learning environment at the Officer campus is designed to support the learning experience of students through a range of purposeful and inspiring learning settings.
The Design Arts Technology and Science (DATS) building weaves formal practical spaces for visual arts, science and material technology with collaborative and design theory to support integrated research and learning.
Commendation Category 2: New Construction Major Facility
Majestic Drive Officer, Victoria 3809 Australia
St Francis Xavier College serves the educational needs of approximately 2400 students, Years 7-12. Our growth in demand for places is coming from the rapidly developing areas of Officer and Pakenham. It is here that we are building a Year 7-9 Campus in order to provide facilities to deliver a robust curriculum.
The establishment of St. Francis Xavier College’s Officer Campus marks a new chapter in the proud 37 year tradition of quality Catholic education for Melbourne’s burgeoning south-east corridor. The new Campus features state of the art facilities which are integrated in strikingly modern buildings.
The (DATS) constitutes a progressive model for Junior secondary school teaching and learning, which is the result of a rigorous collaboration with the School.
The DATS Building is a contemporary model for specialist education which merges spaces for Science, Arts and Material Technology to promote inter-disciplinary, research and project based learning. Formal practical spaces of workshop, laboratory and art studio are visually and physical connected to collaborative spaces for design, theory and write up, presentation and exhibition.
Extensive internal glazing and large opening encourages flow between practical and collaborative spaces.
This page last updated: Tuesday 8 April 2014
2014 Category 2 New Construction Major Facility
- Arts and Senior Block, Mandurah Catholic College
- Aquinas College Early Years Learning Centre
- Brisbane Boys College Middle School Precinct
- Cornerstone College Incorporated ‘Paideia’
- Crawford Building and GJ Yeend Wing
- ‘e’ Learning Centre – Chisholm Catholic College
- Geelong Lutheran College
- Haileybury Brighton Junior School & Girls Middle School
- Hale Junior School Arts Building
- JCU Education Central - James Cook University
- Joan Freeman Centre, SCEGGS
- Lake Windemere New Childrens Centre and Redevelopment
- Manufacturing Engineering Skills Centre (MESC) & Federation College (FedCol)
- Mirboo North Secondary College - Multi-Disciplinary
- MODUPOD® Modular Learning Spaces
- Ngulla Mia Boarding Facility
- Our Lady of the Southern Cross Primary School- Stage 5
- PLC Learning Resource Centre
- Reynella East College
- St Francis De Sales Primary School- Stage 3
- St. Francis Xavier College
- St Johns College Boarding Facility
- St Mary of the Cross – Stage 1
- St Peter's College - Sr Rosemary Graham Building
- Stonefields School - Stage 2
- Temple Christian College Performing Arts Centre
- Tranby College Senior School & Administration Building
- Umuwa (APY) Trade Training Centre
- UWSCollege Teaching Facility - Bankstown Campus
- Victoria University Construction Hub