Glenunga International High School
99 Le 'Estrange Street Glenunga , SA 5154 Australia
A new school building accommodating an information technology centre, administration, student support and learning areas this new facility is a proud representation of the progressive and sophisticated nature of Glenunga International High School and the South Australian Education System.
The new building is a proud representation of the progressive and sophisticated nature of Glenunga International High School.
The brief called for increased school accommodation, the siting of a building on a complex site; its relationship with existing infrastructure and the need for an improved public interface; a building with a 12 month construction program.
The end user called for a building that embodied School Values; 'Excellence, Opportunity, International Mindedness and Harmony ' as well as facilitating 21st Century learning models.
Accommodation includes an Information Technology Centre, Support Facilities and Learning Areas.
The new building provides a strong street address, representing the solidarity of the school in the local community, the progressive education the school offers the surrounding community, as well as a symbolic ' out-reaching hand to the passer by. '
The building fosters the notion of a caring community through interlinking light filled spaces and a uniting visual language.
Optimum Solar Orientation, Sun Shading, Solar Arrays, Smart Power, Lighting and Air Conditioning Systems feature.
The use of low maintenance materials and flexible floor plan facilitate a product with a long 'product life '.
The building has 'International ' presence yet maintains modest, sophisticated appeal through simple forms, colours and materials.
This page last updated: Tuesday 26 May 2015
2015 Category 2 New Construction Major Facility
- Emmanus College, Main Street Library
- ANU Australian Centre on China in the World
- Bethany Christian School - Library & Multi-Purpose Space
- Brighton Grammar Middle School
- Brighton Secondary College, da Vinci Centre
- Brighton Secondary School Expansion
- Brisbane Girls Grammar School Research Learning Centre
- Comet Bay College Year 7 Facility
- Dalyellup College - Stage 2
- Deakin Trade Training Centre
- Dingley Primary School
- Duncraig Senior High School
- Emmaus Main Street Library
- Faith Lutheran College Year 7 Learning Centre
- Glenunga International High School
- Harvester Technical College WATTC
- Holy Cross College - Stage 3
- Klemzig PS Redevelopment
- La Salle College - Trade Skills Centre
- Mamre Anglican School
- Mirboo North Secondary College
- Mount Lawley Primary School
- Naunton Family Building
- O’Regan Arts and Cultural Common
- Our Lady of Sion College Performing Arts Centre
- Parkdale Family and Children’s Centre
- Peel Health and Community Training Centre
- Ringwood North Primary School
- Rouse Hill Anglican College - Stage 7
- Santa Maria College Performing & Creative Arts Centre
- Shellharbour Anglican College
- St Edwards Christian Brother’s College
- St John the Apostle - Stage 1
- Te Ara Hihiko College of Creative Arts
- The Mary’s Mount Centre, Loreto College Ballarat
- The Sheldon College LINQ Building
- The Tintern Schools Middle School
- Thomas Hassell Anglican College ’Anne Marsden School of Possibilities’
- Trinity Bay State High School Yr 7 Infrastructure
- UWSCollege New Educational Facility
- Victoria University of Wellington Campus Hub & Library Upgrade
- Wattleview Primary School
- WIT Health & Science Building
- Yarra Valley Grammar Science Mathematics Building