The Emanuel School is located in Randwick, a seaside suburb of Sydney. As a co-educational school established in 1984, it caters for students from pre-school age right up to year 12.
The most recently completed BKA architecture building at the school campus is the ‘LINC Building’ (Lead, Inspire, Nurture and Create), a multi-level facility housing for the creative faculty.
A number of challenging constraints were informative in the design of this new facility.
The campus is heritage listed requiring the new building to be carefully integrated in its heritage context.
The site is on a small footprint and very much limited by the school’s boundaries. The space needed to be utilized efficiently and effectively as possible.
Flexible external space
The school campus is dense with building and the need for additional external play/ teaching space was desirable.
The brief was responded and fulfilled by designing and delivering a large multi-purpose and flexible learning space, 4 Art and Digital Media rooms, a 200 seat Theatre, a wellness centre/gym, more playground space, 8 new flexible classrooms, staff offices and smaller breakout rooms. The end result links the upper and lower campuses and meets the needs of the school.
Baker Kavanagh Architects
20 Stanley Street, Randwick, N.S.W 2031
LINC Building (Lead, Inspire, Nurture and Create) of Emanuel School is a contemporary multi-level facility housing a four-room art precinct, eight flexible classrooms, associated breakout spaces, staff offices, yoga/ gym space, a multi purpose learning area and a performance space.
Subterranean sections incorporate strong environmental design principles, such as solar access and natural ventilation, for higher occupant comfort.
This page last updated: Tuesday 24 May 2016
2016 Category 2 New Construction Major Facility
- Abbotsleigh Multi-Purpose School Assembly & Sports Hall
- Adelaide High School Expansion and Redevelopment
- Ashwood CLC (Collaborative Learning Centre)
- Benowa SHS - Year 7 Infrastructure & Entry Structure
- Billanook College (Discovery Centre)
- Brisbane State High School
- Cannon Hill Anglican College Lower Secondary Project
- Damascus Centre, St Paul’s High School
- Emanuel School
- Faith Lutheran College Information Hub
- Guildford Grammar Preparatory School Development
- Health, Education And Community Services Facility - The Durack Institute
- Ivanhoe Grammar Senior Years Centre
- John Curtin College of the Arts Yr 7
- LOYOLA CENTER - SHALOM COLLEGE
- St Luke's Anglican School Middle School Building
- Mercy College - Trade Training Centre and General Learning Area Facility
- Montagne Centre, Marist College
- Mount Pleasant Road Primary School
- Mt Maria College, St Benedict Building
- Multipurpose Hall, St Paul College
- Mundaring Christian College Parkerville Campus
- Newman College Auditorium
- Northern Beaches Christian School
- Salisbury East High School Performing Arts and Senior Students Centre
- Santa Maria College - Consilii Centre
- Scotch College Middle School
- Sir Thomas Playford Kindergarten
- St Catherine's Student Centre, Siena College
- St Mary’s College New Riverside Precinct, Ipswich
- Strathcona Learning Centre
- The Mandeville Centre
- UniSA Mt. Gambier Learning Centre
- Wattleview Primary School
- Westbourne Grammar School - Prep to Year 2 Facility
- Westminster Early Learning Centre and Upper Primary
- Wilderness School Science and Humanities Centre
- Woodleigh Homesteads