Mount Pleasant Road Primary School
KNEELER DESIGN ARCHITECTS
105-107 MOUNT PLEASANT ROAD, NUNAWADING, VICTORIA
Construction of new primary school facilities including Staff and Administration areas , Multi-purpose room, Learning Studios to cater for 200 students, Art room, Café Studio and Central Courtyard
Through staff, student and parent forums, the Mount Pleasant Road community determined that the new school building was to be a contemporary internal and external learning space which facilitated 21" Century pedagogy and built on our strong sense of community.
Key Features include:
- The reading retreats, made from recycled timbers from our old hall, provide areas which promote peer teaching and feedback, inquiry and project based learning, quiet reflection and reading.
- The multi-level withdrawal spaces which facilitate teacher led instruction and discussions and conferences for whole classes as well as audience seating areas for peer performances.
- The ample wet areas which allow for creative expression in a range of media for varied group sizes.
- The pod which is a unique feature and has been used as a space for one-to-one or small group instruction, a withdrawal area for those students who need to lessen their sensory input, or an area for teachers to have conversations with individual students in a more private setting.
- The platform which is used for public speaking, performances and sharing of work but is also multifunctional and can be used for teaching groups and collaborative student groups.
- External learning spaces and a central courtyard which connect students with nature.
- Teacher offices so that teams of teachers are collaborating, exchanging information about pedagogy, curriculum and how to best meet the needs of students by taking collective responsibility for all students.
This page last updated: Tuesday 24 May 2016
2016 Category 2 New Construction Major Facility
- Abbotsleigh Multi-Purpose School Assembly & Sports Hall
- Adelaide High School Expansion and Redevelopment
- Ashwood CLC (Collaborative Learning Centre)
- Benowa SHS - Year 7 Infrastructure & Entry Structure
- Billanook College (Discovery Centre)
- Brisbane State High School
- Cannon Hill Anglican College Lower Secondary Project
- Damascus Centre, St Paul’s High School
- Emanuel School
- Faith Lutheran College Information Hub
- Guildford Grammar Preparatory School Development
- Health, Education And Community Services Facility - The Durack Institute
- Ivanhoe Grammar Senior Years Centre
- John Curtin College of the Arts Yr 7
- LOYOLA CENTER - SHALOM COLLEGE
- St Luke's Anglican School Middle School Building
- Mercy College - Trade Training Centre and General Learning Area Facility
- Montagne Centre, Marist College
- Mount Pleasant Road Primary School
- Mt Maria College, St Benedict Building
- Multipurpose Hall, St Paul College
- Mundaring Christian College Parkerville Campus
- Newman College Auditorium
- Northern Beaches Christian School
- Salisbury East High School Performing Arts and Senior Students Centre
- Santa Maria College - Consilii Centre
- Scotch College Middle School
- Sir Thomas Playford Kindergarten
- St Catherine's Student Centre, Siena College
- St Mary’s College New Riverside Precinct, Ipswich
- Strathcona Learning Centre
- The Mandeville Centre
- UniSA Mt. Gambier Learning Centre
- Wattleview Primary School
- Westbourne Grammar School - Prep to Year 2 Facility
- Westminster Early Learning Centre and Upper Primary
- Wilderness School Science and Humanities Centre
- Woodleigh Homesteads