Scotch College Middle School
76 Shenton Road, Swanbourne WA 6010
A new Middle School for Scotch College including a 2 storey General Learning block for 450 students in years 5, 6 and 7; a new Library for Junior and Middle School students, College Gallery space; Arts Studios, Multi-Purpose Room, Food Technology Studio and Canteen. A new underpass now links the Junior and Middle Schools with the Senior School.
A series of the existing single storey 1960’s buildings were demolished to make way for the new two storey Middle School and Library Gallery buildings. The former Junior School Library and Art buildings were retained and completely refurbished to ensure they were well integrated in with the new architectural language of the new buildings and the new teaching spaces created enable the 21st Century teaching and learning pedagogy to be delivered.
The development of the Middle School has enabled the relocation of Year 8 students from the Senior Campus into a 21st Century learning community for students in Years 6, 7 & 8 of their schooling. They are now safely connected with the senior campus via the new pre-cast concrete underpass across the busy Shenton Road.
To the north of the new Middle School building a landscaped ‘quad’ has been created to enable outdoor learning opportunities directly from the Library, Food Technology Studio and Art Rooms. The space is also a connector for students as they transition down to the main playing fields further to the north.
The existing embankment along Shenton Road, complete with existing mature trees was landscaped to incorporate the existing mature trees to create a ‘green’ screen or buffer to Shenton Road and the residences opposite.
The architectural language for the new buildings take their design queues from the surrounding architecture of both the residential (Shenton Road) and institutional (Scotch) buildings further along Shenton Road.
This page last updated: Tuesday 24 May 2016
2016 Category 2 New Construction Major Facility
- Abbotsleigh Multi-Purpose School Assembly & Sports Hall
- Adelaide High School Expansion and Redevelopment
- Ashwood CLC (Collaborative Learning Centre)
- Benowa SHS - Year 7 Infrastructure & Entry Structure
- Billanook College (Discovery Centre)
- Brisbane State High School
- Cannon Hill Anglican College Lower Secondary Project
- Damascus Centre, St Paul’s High School
- Emanuel School
- Faith Lutheran College Information Hub
- Guildford Grammar Preparatory School Development
- Health, Education And Community Services Facility - The Durack Institute
- Ivanhoe Grammar Senior Years Centre
- John Curtin College of the Arts Yr 7
- LOYOLA CENTER - SHALOM COLLEGE
- St Luke's Anglican School Middle School Building
- Mercy College - Trade Training Centre and General Learning Area Facility
- Montagne Centre, Marist College
- Mount Pleasant Road Primary School
- Mt Maria College, St Benedict Building
- Multipurpose Hall, St Paul College
- Mundaring Christian College Parkerville Campus
- Newman College Auditorium
- Northern Beaches Christian School
- Salisbury East High School Performing Arts and Senior Students Centre
- Santa Maria College - Consilii Centre
- Scotch College Middle School
- Sir Thomas Playford Kindergarten
- St Catherine's Student Centre, Siena College
- St Mary’s College New Riverside Precinct, Ipswich
- Strathcona Learning Centre
- The Mandeville Centre
- UniSA Mt. Gambier Learning Centre
- Wattleview Primary School
- Westbourne Grammar School - Prep to Year 2 Facility
- Westminster Early Learning Centre and Upper Primary
- Wilderness School Science and Humanities Centre
- Woodleigh Homesteads