Places for Learning- Contemporary Designs in Education
These publications have represented the collection of all awards entries from both Victorian 2007/2008 and the Australian Awards 2009/2010
It is hoped this publication will serve as an archive both of organization as well as well as record or recent development in educational facilities in Australia.
Commendation Category 5 - An Education Initiative or a Design Solution for an Innovative Program
Kneeler Design Pty Ltd Architects (Especially Robert Bienvenu & Peter Scott)
Places for Learning – Contemporary Designs in Education publication series showcases the best contemporary educational facilities through the lens of an awards programme. As John Denton (a past Victorian State Government Architect) once remarked, ‘........awards are an ideal means to improve the standard of outcomes across the board. By setting high benchmarks, other projects aspire to reach or exceed other entries and past winners.’
To order the publications go to http://cefpi.org.au/library/publications
"There were a limited number of entries in this category.
The judges were looking for an entry that represented an innovation having the potential to extend its influence well beyond those who immediately benefited from it. The jury decided not to nominate a winner for this category as no submission was able to demonstrate a degree of innovation that had the widespread applicability worthy of such an award.
Two entries were considered worthy of commendation.
Commendation goes to the publication "Places for Learning – Contemporary Designs in Education" produced by the Victorian Chapter of CEFPI. This publication has had two editions to date, both of which are of exceptional quality and presentation. They have served to showcase the best in contemporary educational facilities in Victoria as recognised through the Chapter awards, which have since spawned these regional awards. As a result, exceptional places for learning in Victoria are being seen alongside the best in broader architecture and design on bookshelves both in Australia and overseas.
Congratulations to Kneeler Design and the Victorian Chapter of CEFPI, particularly Robert Bienvenu, Peter Scott and Judith North."
This page last updated: Friday 31 May 2013
2013 Regional Award Winners and Commendations
- Northern School for Autism
- Albany Senior High School
- Baldivis Secondary College, Stage 1
- Chigwell Child and Family Centre
- Massey University Student Amenities Centre
- Camberwell High School - Enterprise Centre
- NSW UTS Building 5, Blocks A & B Teaching & Learning Spaces
- Singapore International School (Hong Kong) Secondary School Campus
- Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership
- Early Learning Centre, St Monica's Primary, Wodonga
- Warrnambool College - Science and Language Centre
- Sustainable Learning Centre, Tasmania
- Places for Learning- Contemporary Designs in Education