Register now, pay later for "Transformance" Early Birds
Did you know you can register now and pay later for "Transformance" Bird Registration?
At the end of the registration process, simply choose "Pay Later" to receive an invoice and you'll have until March 24 to finalise your payment.
t's a great way to ensure you catch the Early Bird price and save $220 on standard registrations. You'll also be able to secure your preferred workshops, case studies and site tours.
Spotlight: John Hattie keynote and tours to new schools in growing suburbs
John Hattie (l), Mother Teresa Catholic College (r)
One keynote not to be missed is Laureate Professor John Hattie. His landmark book Visible Learning is lauded as "teaching's Holy Grail".
In his Transformance keynote, Professor Hattie will review the research on fitness-for-purpose learning spaces and explore how they can transform teaching and student engagement.
From former farm paddocks to heritage listings, Tours 2, 8, 14, 15 and 19 showcase the new schools embracing innovative design throughout Perth's growth corridors.
See how community, accessibility, adaptability and sustainability unfold as key aspects of several school designs. Explore the fruition of an entire masterplan at Byford Secondary College. Witness a senior and primary school that are successful outcomes of the first WA Public Private Partnership.
Or see the architectural uniqueness of one of the largest rammed earth constructions in Australia at Mother Teresa Catholic College.
Don't delay - register now!
What's in store for Transformance?
Rapid change is disrupting how, what and where people learn.
Join us in Perth from May 28-31 to explore how education and learning spaces can adapt and thrive under exponential change.
Hear from those at the fore of this "transformance":
- MC Ewan McIntosh, NoTosh, UK
- Paul Collard, Creativity, Culture and Education, UK
- Mette Kynne Fransden, Henning Larsen, Denmark
- Professor John Hattie, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Francine Houben, Mecanoo architecten, Netherlands
- Dr Kate Raynes-Goldie, Games We Play, Australia
- Dr Wesley Imms, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Chris Bradbeer, Stonefields School, New Zealand
- Interactive workshops with Ewan McIntosh and several keynotes;
- Case studies and workshops on masterplanning, creative learning, innovative teaching, vertical and inner city schooling, gaming as a learning tool, landscaping and pedagogy, and the latest research into effective innovative learning environments;
- Tours to Perth's leading learning spaces, including the award-winning Wesley College, Willeton Senior High School and Highgate Primary School;
- The 2019 LEA Awards for Excellence in Educational Facilities at the Annual Conference Dinner, Kings Park;
- Transformance Pecha Kucha;
- One of the strictly limited places on our special pre-conference tour of the South West and Margaret River (only LEA Members can book a place, but non-members can attend as guests of LEA Members).
Early Bird rates (in Australian dollars, GST inclusive)
Members - $1,155
Non-members - $1,485
Full time Students (ID required) - $660
Young Professionals** (see conditions below) - $605
Members-only Early Bird: Monday 4th February - Sunday 24th February
General Early Bird: Monday 25th February - Sunday 24th March
General Registration: from Monday 25th March
Transformance will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on the awardwinning Elizabeth Quay waterfront (below, photo courtesy MRA).
Special flight offer
We are pleased to announce that our exclusive airline supplier, QANTAS, is offering delegates a discount on domestic flights to and from Perth and free Frequent Flyer membership. Conditions apply, visit the website for more information
We look forward to seeing you at Transformance!
Dani Martin, Eamon Broderick and Paul Edwards
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors for their ongoing support
**Conditions for Young Professionals registrations:
- Available only during Early Bird registration
- Available only to members
- ID is required when collecting delegate pass from the conference registration desk
- Schools can register two employees under 35 at half price for each full price registration from the same LEA group membership
- Design practices can register two employees under 35 at half price for every two full price member registrations from the same LEA group membership