Transformance: 360 degree professional development
Our 19th conference offers professional development opportunities for all delegates.
Whether you're an educator, architect, designer, facility planner or consultant, we think you'll find a case study to inform and inspire you.
We've highlighted a few below. For full details, or to browse more case studies and workshops, check out pages 17-20 of the program.
Adelaide Botanic High School – A Contemporary, Interdisciplinary Approach to Learning in a Vertical Setting
The Director of New Schools for South Australia's Department for Education, Deb O'Riley, will give a comprehensive insight into a unique new vertical school.
Adelaide Botanic High School is a new benchmark in the form, design and function of a contemporary school, as well as the quality and range of interdisciplinary learning experiences with a STEM focus.
Murdoch University masterplan; the WA School Fellowship Program
Masterplanning: Strategy to Delivery
The Directors of multi award-wining With_Architecture Studio conduct this go-to-whoa session on masterplanning. Geoff Warn will profile the scope and value of a campus masterplan, and Daniel Aisenson will follow with case studies of architectural responses within a masterplan context.
Principals as School Leaders and System Leaders: Can they be both? What’s in it for them and what’s in it for the system?
Frank Pansini (Principal Consultant, Leadership Institute) and Melesha Sands (Principal of Belridge Secondary College) delve into an innovative and ambitious strategy to extend the influence of school principals beyond the school fence and into the broader public school system.
Why did the WA government invest so heavily in school leadership and what benefits has it brought?
What's in store for Transformance?
Rapid change is disrupting how, what and where people learn.
Join us in Perth from May 28-31 to explore how education and learning spaces can adapt and thrive under exponential change.
Hear from those at the fore of this "transformance":
- MC Ewan McIntosh, NoTosh, UK
- Paul Collard, Creativity, Culture and Education, UK
- Viggo Haremst, Henning Larsen, Denmark
- Professor John Hattie, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Francine Houben, Mecanoo architecten, Netherlands
- Dr Kate Raynes-Goldie, Games We Play, Australia
- Dr Wesley Imms, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Chris Bradbeer, Stonefields School, New Zealand
- Interactive workshops with Ewan McIntosh and several keynotes;
- Case studies and workshops on masterplanning, creative learning, innovative teaching, vertical and inner city schooling, gaming as a learning tool, landscaping and pedagogy, and the latest research into effective innovative learning environments;
- Tours to Perth's leading learning spaces, including the award-winning Wesley College, Willeton Senior High School and Highgate Primary School;
- The 2019 LEA Awards for Excellence in Educational Facilities at the Annual Conference Dinner, Kings Park;
- Transformance Pecha Kucha;
- One of the strictly limited places on our special pre-conference tour of the South West and Margaret River
Members save $330 on standard registration!
(in Australian dollars, GST inclusive)
Members - $1,375
Non-members - $1,705
Full time Students (ID required) - $660
Transformance will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on the awardwinning Elizabeth Quay waterfront (below, photo courtesy MRA).
Special flight offer
We are pleased to announce that our exclusive airline supplier, QANTAS, is offering delegates a discount on domestic flights to and from Perth and free Frequent Flyer membership. Conditions apply, visit the website for more information
We look forward to seeing you at Transformance!
Dani Martin, Eamon Broderick and Paul Edwards
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors for their ongoing support