Transformance: Francine Houben on libraries, mobility and learning
It's less than 9 weeks until Transformance and we're looking forward to the keynote from Francine Houben, Founding Partner and Creative Director of Mecanoo.
"Libraries are the most important buildings, like cathedrals many years ago"
Francine's internationally acclaimed work includes theatres, museums, libraries, neighbourhoods, housing and parks. Currently, she is working on the renovations of the New York Public Library and the central library of Washington, DC – originally designed by Mies van der Rohe.
Francine will talk about learning in schools and in particular libraries, which in her opinion, are and should be a center for learning, information and culture that unites people of all ages and backgrounds.
She will also discuss learning and mobility, using Mecanoo’s collaboration with Dutch Railways on the interior design for the "train of the future'.
Keynote (Wed): Learning as Part of Our Daily Life
Only 20 spots left for Pecha Kucha
Join us on Tuesday 27th May at 5pm for Pecha Kucha - a series of quick six and a half minute presentations, where we will learn what, where and how learning transformations are occurring throughout the world. An exciting and creative mix of presenters will share their experiences through storytelling and images and challenge our thinking to transform.
Add Pecha Kucha to your registration for just AU$11 - but hurry - we only have 20 spots left.
Tour 26: Wesley College's multi award-winning Science Centre
Mildred Manning Science Centre. Photo by Kelly Bucksey
Ferry across the Swan River to the Overall Winner of the WA Chapter's Awards and Winner of the AIA WA Educational Architecture Award: the Mildred Manning Science Centre at Wesley College.
What's in store for Transformance?
Rapid change is disrupting how, what and where people learn.
Join us in Perth from May 28-31 to explore how education and learning spaces can adapt and thrive under exponential change.
Hear from those at the fore of this "transformance":
- MC Ewan McIntosh, NoTosh, UK
- Paul Collard, Creativity, Culture and Education, UK
- Mette Kynne Fransden, Henning Larsen, Denmark
- Professor John Hattie, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Francine Houben, Mecanoo architecten, Netherlands
- Dr Kate Raynes-Goldie, Games We Play, Australia
- Dr Wesley Imms, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Chris Bradbeer, Stonefields School, New Zealand
- Interactive workshops with Ewan McIntosh and several keynotes;
- Case studies and workshops on masterplanning, creative learning, innovative teaching, vertical and inner city schooling, gaming as a learning tool, landscaping and pedagogy, and the latest research into effective innovative learning environments;
- Tours to Perth's leading learning spaces, including the award-winning Wesley College, Willeton Senior High School and Highgate Primary School;
- The 2019 LEA Awards for Excellence in Educational Facilities at the Annual Conference Dinner, Kings Park;
- Transformance Pecha Kucha;
- One of the strictly limited places on our special pre-conference tour of the South West and Margaret River
Members save $330 on standard registration!
(in Australian dollars, GST inclusive)
Members - $1,375
Non-members - $1,705
Full time Students (ID required) - $660
Transformance will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on the awardwinning Elizabeth Quay waterfront (below, photo courtesy MRA).
Special flight offer
We are pleased to announce that our exclusive airline supplier, QANTAS, is offering delegates a discount on domestic flights to and from Perth and free Frequent Flyer membership. Conditions apply, visit the website for more information
We look forward to seeing you at Transformance!
Dani Martin, Eamon Broderick and Paul Edwards
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors for their ongoing support