New inclusive environment resource "Design for everyone" from SA Government
Two factors are crucial in enhancing the educational and social experience for children and students with disability:
- how environments are used, and
- staff that are skilled in the effective use of learning spaces.
With contributions from members of LEA's South Australian Chapter, the South Australian Ministerial Advisory Committee on Children and Students with Disability (MAC:CSWD) has produced online resources to complement their recent report about effective building practices for children and students who live with disability.
These resources emphasise the value and ability of all children to learn and play together in inclusive environments.
- early childhood education and care site and school staff
- building and facility planners
- education sector staff
- children and students with disability and their families.
You can also access the full report, Effective Building Practices for Children and Students with Disability.